You can use a wireless network to achieve a cableless Canon MX490 system on your Windows computer. For it, the wireless router should be enabled, accessible and completely functional, and the laptop to which you want to connect the printer should also be available on the network.
How to Check if the Conditions are Met or Not?
- Attach the printer to a power socket and turn it on – test whether the power button on the printer machine is green and stable
- You can activate the LCD screen on the printer by pressing the Copy button below.
- Click the Canon Pixma MX490 control key on the 4x button board of the printer.
- Ensure that the Network device lights get stable, which indicates that the device is ready to connect with the printer.
Steps for the Canon Pixma MX490 Setup Process
Follow the simple steps below to get success in the Canon Pixma MX490 setup process.
- At first, tap the Setup button to get the required menu. Using the Arrow buttons navigate to the Wireless LAN Setup, click on OK to continue.
- Now, wait, until the search result gets appeared on the printer’s control panel. From the available network list, select your network connection.
- Further, click on OK and then press the Stop button to get the Wireless LAN Setup option.
- Proceed with Standard Setup and then using the navigation keys navigate to the Other Setup option and click on OK.
- Select the Wireless Setup and then tap on OK to complete the process.
- Lastly, you need to connect the printer with the computer to end the Canon MX490 setup.