Your Brother printer can go offline if unable to interact with your computer device. It can be bothersome to see your printer offline when you are working with your printer. If you find the status of your printer is not online, you can resolve this error easily, you just need to follow the following steps that are given below,
Validate that the Printer is ON
- If the display (LCD) of your Brother printer is empty, it might not be transformed. If this holds, you need to examine the printer to see if it remains in a restful setting. Wake it up from sleep setting to transform it online.
- If you see that the power indicator of the printer is not on, then you need to check the cables of the printer. If the cable gets detached from the power outlet then you will not be able to continue with the further steps as stated below.
- In case, the printer turns on then you must examine the LCD for any kind of mistake messages like paper Jam or Ink/Toner Empty.
Ensure No Connection Issue Between your Computer and the Printer
- If you are utilizing a USB wire to connect your printer to the computer device, make certain that the USB cable both ends are connected properly. It is better to connect both the device directly, that is without using a hub.
- If you are utilizing the Ethernet cable television to attach the printer, you require to make certain that the cable television service is linked to the router/access factor and additionally the printer. To know your printer used IP you can print the network configuration page.
- You must make use of the network arrangement websites to verify the IP address if you’re taking advantage of a cordless web link. If the concern continues, you can take the place to the complying with troubleshooting actions.
Your Brother Printer must be Set as the Default Printer
To make sure your printer has been set up as the default, you want to head into the Printers folder and make certain there is a green mark together with your Brother printer icon.
In Windows 7
- Proceed with the Start menu (Press down the Windows logo key for it) and select Devices and Printers.
- If your Brother printer is not chosen as your default device, then you need to click on the icon of the printer, and select Establish as default printer from the offered options.
- After that, stop All Print Jobs. For that, you need to open the Printer window and Devices.
- Now, Under the Printers section locates your Brother Printer and then Right-click on it. Pick See what’s printing and then select Cancel All Records.
- If you find that the Cancel All Documents option is not active for you, then you need to go for the option “Open as Administrator” If ask for a password, provide it and then click on Yes.
You must check the status of your Brother printer. If it’s offline, follow the below-given instructions.
- From the Control Panel window, locate and right-click on the icon of your Brother printer. After that, from the menu check the following options:
- See what’s printing
- Use Printer Offline
- In the case, if the “Use Printer Offline” alternative is grayed out, select the administrator option. If a password is set to your admin account then enter that and select Next to solve this error.
Examine if it is shown as not active (Paused), then go through the below-explained steps.
- Point the cursor to the Brother printer and do a right-click on it. Now from the menu window choose “See what’s printing”, and after that pick “Pause Printing”.
- If you discover that the Pause option is not enabled then you need to proceed with the Open as Administrator. If necessary enter the admin password and select yes.
That’s all regarding the Brother printer offline issue.