How to Solve the Canon Printer Error 5200? Complete Guide
Are you facing the Canon printer error 5200? If Yes, then proceed further. Here we’ve put together a list of remedies for this popular printer error.
Canon printers are world-class and one of the best printers on the market. After long use or technical issues, the machine may not work properly. If this is the case, then solving the issue at the first stage will be recommended to avoid more issues.
Causes of Canon Printer Error Code 5200 on the Canon Models MX 340, MX 350, MP 250, and MP 490
Canon Printer Error Code 5200 occurs primarily due to low ink concentrations. Also, due to a faulty cartridge or logic board fault on the printer the error arises. The Canon printer is designed in such a way that it brings together all the remaining color ink to convert the ink. And that is in the form of black. So, if there is no ink left on all the ink cartridges it returns the error code 5200 on the printer’s display.
Easy Solutions to Getting Rid of the Canon Printer Error 5200
The most effective solutions among the available solutions of the Canon error 5200 are given below. You can try them one-by-one as arranged. Trying the according to the problem solutions will get you the issue resolved.
Solution 1: Clean the Printer Components
Dust particles on the printer components are one of the glitches which are the reason for the many common Canon printer issue. So, proceed with cleaning the printer components. It will be a great idea to deal with the Canon printer error code 5200. Here, below are the steps of this effective solution.
- At first, turn on the printer.
- After that, open the cover on the printer and then wait until the carriage moves the ink cartridges to the user-accessible point.
- Uninstall the ink cartridges after unlocking the locks one-by-one. Do not force to remove the cartridges because it may damage the neighbor components and thus worsen the printer.
- Now, remove the print head carefully.
- Wipe the accessible printer components with the help of a soft cloth. If any ink mark is left on the print head, then the user also needs to remove those. Use an alcoholic solution dipped cloth to remove those marks.
- After cleaning the printer components reassemble the printer back, and then run a test print to check if the error code still exists or not. Hopefully, the error will get resolved.
Solution 2: Take Out, Verify and then Reinstall the Canon Ink Cartridge
After cleaning the printer components, if still, the Canon printer error 5200 exists, then as the second solution step, you need to verify the ink cartridges. If no ink is present in any or all of the cartridges then remove that or those and replace it with a new and genuine Canon ink cartridge. Hopefully, this fix will work for you.
In case, after trying both the above solutions the error is not get solved then dial to our Canon Customer Support Number to know the other effective solutions regarding the Canon printer error 5200.