Have you got a Canon printer? And already have installed the device at your home or office? If Yes, then the next step to follow is, connecting the Canon device to the wireless network. The steps to follow to perform this process is very simple, if and only it is known to you. From the below lines you can learn the “how to connect Canon printer to WiFi” process completely. So, check out the steps below.
Steps to Connect the Canon Printer to a WiFi Network
After installing the Canon printer to a location, which is near to both the computer and the internet device, now the step is to connect the Canon printer to WiFi. Follow the lines below to learn the process.
First Step: Connect the Canon Printer to a WiFi Network
- At first, activate the power supply for the printer and the co-related devices.
- Next, tap the Power icon button of the printer to turn the device ON.
- After that, press the Settings button and then with the help of the navigation arrow keys get the Device Settings option.
- Select OK to continue.
- Again, with the help of the arrow keys navigate to the Wireless LAN setup option and then press on OK. This will start searching for the nearby available networks and makes a list.
- From the available network list, select your internet connection and then tap on OK.
- Further, enter the network password to complete the process.
After the Printer control panel shows you that the connection is successfully done, now proceed further to connect the printer to the computer, from which you can print a document wirelessly.
Second Step (One of Two): Connect the Printer Wirelessly to Windows 10
- Press down the Windows button along with the letter I to open the Settings window.
- Next, click on Devices from the listed options.
- Now, from the left-hand side panel click on Printers and Scanners.
- Further, click on the Add a Printer tab.
- Wait, until the Windows locate your Canon printer and add it to your PC.
That’s all. However, if you are a Mac user then the process will be slightly different, you can learn it from the further section. So, if you are a Mac user then read out the below lines to learn the process.
Second Step (Two of Two): Connect the Printer Wirelessly On Mac
- Click on the Apple icon, that is present at the top left-hand side of the screen.
- Now, click on System Preferences.
- Further, select Printers and Scanners.
- After that, click on the Add symbol and then wait until your Mac device gets the Canon printer on the screen.
- Select the Canon device to complete how to connect Canon printer to WiFi process.