Many access points (sometimes referred to as routers or hubs) feature an automatic Wi-Fi Protected Setup link button called “WPS.” It enables devices such as your PIXMA printer to connect to your network without entering a password and enables you to control the device from a nearby location quickly and easily.
This method is by far the easiest way to Canon mg3500 wireless setup, so please pick the WPS Connection Template for instructions on how to connect using this technique if you have a WPS button below in your access point.
If your access point does not support WPS, we have provided alternate connection instructions for your PIXMA printer, so please choose the Standard Connection Process as stated in this article.
Canon mg3500 Wireless Printer Setup via WPS Connection
To use the WPS push button process, certain conditions must be met. They are as follows:
- The presence of the WPS push button is a must.
- The network must use the WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) or WPA2 authentication protocol.
So, let us now begin.
- First of all, make sure that the printer is ON and then locate the WiFi button of the printer.
- Keep the WiFi button pressed until the orange color light blinks.
- After you left the WiFi button, look at the WiFi indicator, if it shows the blue color light. It indicates that the Network searching process is going on.
Else, if the blue color is not lit, and instead the orange Alarm is lit then proceed with the Troubleshooting button.
- Select the Network connection.
- Further, enter the password to confirm the internet connection.
Canon mg3500 Wireless Setup Using Standard Connection Process
The steps to proceed with to set up the Canon mg3500 wireless printer process is very simple. Just follow the below line steps.
- At first, turn on the printer and then load the a4 paper on the paper tray.
- Next, press and hold the Reset/ Cancel button till to the time the light flashes 15 times continuously. This will result in the network instructions page.
- After that, follow the printed instructions to connect the printer to the network.
Now, use the printer installation CD to complete the Canon mg3500 wireless setup process on Windows.
However, if you are a Mac user then to install the driver you need to download the driver from the Canon official website by entering the printer model number according to the field on the website.